Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Nike Huarache 2K4 (aka my unofficial Kobes)

Nike Huarache 2K4 (aka my unofficial Kobes)


As this is my first post, just want everyone to know these posts will not be in chronological order of when I bought them. Also the pictures in these posts were taken when I first bought the shoes, which means some of these pictures can be up to 11 years old. Granted some of the older pictures are not as good as now (worked on my angles and such). Now that we got that out of the way, let's talk about the Huarache 2K4's.

When I fell in love...

When these first dropped in 2003, I instantly fell in love with the shoes. The high-top design, the sleek streamlined structure, and most of all the awesome high-top strap for "maximum ankle support". It had an old school feel with a new school twist to them. One of my favorite colors back then was red, and boy did this pair flash some red. The sides of the sole were painted fireman red, as well as the bottoms. It had everything I wanted and more!


Check out the suede toe!



Needed a little more corkboard or zoom in a little more.


Ridiculous picture of me back in the day, but wanted to show what the shoes looked like on my feet.


The Kobe effect and actual use

As any popular Nike shoe, they always need a frontman to headline the shoe line, and that person was Kobe Bryant, who happened to be my favorite player of all time. He wore different colorways, purple on white, white on purple, and man could he ball in them. As a player of the game, I had to wear the same kicks as Kobe on the court, and so I bought a SECOND pair of these shoes in the gray/blue colorway. Great response, wonderful fit, and most importantly made me look good on the court haha. I wish I would've bought 5 more pairs of these back in the day. Although it was a team Nike shoe (make multiple colorways for team use), it was definitely one of its kind, and in my opinion, paved the way to the Hyperdunk series.






Colorway I used to ball in.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment