Sunday, August 17, 2014

Air Jordan Retro V's "Laneys"

My first Jordan post, but definitely not the last...

 Hi everyone! Like I said in my previous post, this is a mix of my collection that I've amassed over the years, and as you will see my phototaking skills get a lot better LOL. This post is featuring one of my favorites in my collection, the Retro Jordan V's "Laneys" (circa 2013). Now this shoe originally came out in 1990, and boy does it feel like an old school shoe. You have the silly lace lock (which doesn't do anything), the fat tongue (which I love), and the flashy lightning bolt on the side. Its very comfortable around the ankles, but I would never wear them to ball because they feel so clunky compared to the streamlined basketball shoes of today. Notice the small details on this shoe; the "23" stitched to the side of the shoes, the stitched Jumpman logo on the back, and not to mention the yellow accents. The look of this shoe is undeniably "retro", and that's what makes it so classic. Raw style, solid architecture, and definitely will make someone look twice. Not mention this pair looks great with my Klay Thompson jersey!




The fat tongues with the yellow accents makes for a great look.

Stitched on "23".




Look at the ice on the bottoms.


Laneys with my Klay Thompson jersey = perfect match.



MJ's high school days...and me too!

The inspiration for this colorway is based on MJ's high school colors, the E.A. Laney Buccaneers in North Carolina. Not sure if the story is true or not about him getting cut from the team during his first try, but we all know how it turned out in the end. I've included some pics of me too during my days of high school basketball....ahhh memories haha. Shoutout to my G-town people who are reading this. Hope you all enjoy reading these posts! Please share it with your friends if you think it's cool and anyone you know who is interested in Nikes/Jordans. Catch ya'll next week for the next post, I'm out~!






Freshman team, JV, and then Varsity.
     
G-Town ballers.









No comments:

Post a Comment