Sunday, January 25, 2015

Nike CJ81 Trainer Max "Megatrons"



More Than Meets the Eye!


As a collector, I feel every pair has its own story and meaning to me, which means my collection is very unique. There may be a couple pairs I picked up on a whim, but most I've either wanted as a kid or have a special connection to. There's always a story to every pair.

Now the pair below is something really special to me as it combines my love of shoes and my favorite cartoon of all time, Transformers. Introducing to you, the Nike CJ81 Trainer Max "Megatrons"! You may remember my post regarding the original colorway of the CJ81s, but this pair has a life of its own. The shoe is a great tribute to Megatron, who is the leader of the Decepticons (bad guys) in the series. The details are spot on regarding this pair, with the original colors and grid patterns like the box the toys used to come in. Of course, it's can't be a Megatron shoe without the famous Decepticon insignia. I wore these to WonderCon and I absolutely loved them. Please check out the pics below!

Nice profile view.




Decepticons!

More Decepticon logos with the gray grid patterns.

Megatron would agree with that. 

Clear icy soles on this pair.

What I wore to WonderCon 2014. 

This is the toy that came with the shoes!

Megatron, the leader of the Decepticons

For those of you who don't know, Transformers is a popular cartoon from the 1980's, where two factions of an alien robot race fight for peace (Autobots) and the other for mayhem/destruction (Decepticons). Megatron is the Decepticon's fearless leader, whose ruthlessness and lack of conscience makes him one not to be messed with. Within the last few years, the Transformers have been blowing up due to the live action films that starred Shia Labeouf. It's nice to see that mainstream audiences are growing to appreciate the characters and the storyline as this series was one of my favorite growing up. Please see the pics below!


Decepticon logo.
Generation 1 version of Megatron.

Megatron and the Decepticons.


Generation 1 Megatron toy. Notice the colors and grid patterns, just like the shoes!

Re-imagined version of Megatron for the live action movies.

Concept art of Megatron for the live action movies.


2 comments:

  1. Decepticon! Simple yet elegant post. I don't think they can sell that megatron gun transformer these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks man! Yah it was a very "to the point" post. Keep on coming back for more heat and more history. Appreciate the comment!

      Delete